Search This Blog

Monday, May 23, 2011

THE BROOKLYN FARMACY





Last Saturday was a partly sunny day, so when the sun came out we took out the bikes and after some fiddling (pumping up our tires and attaching a new LOUDER bell to my bike to ward off crazy drivers) we were off. We took in some stoop sales but most important was a trip to "The Brooklyn Farmacy" We had heard great things and decided to sample the eggs creams, root beer floats and their grilled cheese sandwich-plus Saturday is "Peter Pan Donut" Day.

I have linked their menu http://brooklynfarmacy.blogspot.com/p/our-menu.html so you can see what they have to offer, which is plenty-I had a vanilla egg cream I know most people will opt for the Chocolate but Vanilla is still my favorite. Lars got the Roor Beer Float both were fantastic. We shared a grilled cheese which they make with White Cheddar it was good but not as good as the beverages, it may just be that I have a childhood memory for grilled cheese made with yellow cheese plebian I know but still.... Lars thought it was great. The choice of Peter Pan Bakery Donuts was vast-they are a donut shop located in Greenpoint at 727 Manhattan Avenue.
We chose a sour cream cake donut-( the red velvet looked great) and it was good, but I think we are a bit jaded when it comes to donuts a few weeks back we paid a visit to the Brooklyn Flea in Fort Greene and got some donuts from "Dough" in Bed-Stuy (at 305 Franklin Avenue) and man o man they were phenomenal, they were-huge, they were doughy, they were covered in exotic glazes- they are going to be hard to beat!
Getting back to the Farmacy which is I believe is really an "old pharmacy" with beautiful old oak draws and moulding-I watched them make the biggest sundae I have seen in years-all the new fancy ice cream places that have opened seem to charge by the scoop or size of the scoop etc. These scoops were humongeous with lots of whipped cream and chocolate syrup-I will be returning to try one.







1 comment: