Search This Blog

Thursday, May 13, 2010

BIRTHDAY DINNER

Last week I had a birthday and for the last few years Lars and I have a tradition of going out for our Birthdays to a restaurant we have not yet tried.
So this year I chose Chestnut on Smith Street right in the neighborhood I have heard very good things about it and they were all true.
I started out with a Buckwheat Crepe that was filled with farro and had a little pillbox of gravlox with a creme fraiche sauce. Lars had the sardines grilled on a bed of pickled veggies.
For my main course I chose Smoked Porkchop with a rhubarb sauce/salsa on a bed of bok choy
Lars had the Hangar Steak, with fingerlings, Valdeon and Red Wine.
For desert we shared lemon cheesecake served on a pink peppercorn shortbread w rhubarb sorbet,and Goat cheese caramel ice cream and a scoop of strawberry(I think they ran out of caramel)with a side of shortbread.
It was all delicious,and we did not leave stuffed but hoping to return soon.
I got some really cool things for my birthday but in regards to coking I received a new Mandoline, so I looking forward to new adventures with very thin veggies!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment