Search This Blog

Thursday, May 6, 2010

UGLY BREAD


I made a very ugly but oh so delicious rye caraway bread.
I got the recipe from "The Bread Lover's Bread Machine Cookbook" by Beth Hensperger.
I have had the bread machine for quite a few years it was handed down to us by our family, and we have made bread from time to time, but it always the same shape and not always a success.
I saw a recipe that looked great after trying and failing to make another bread with just the dough cycle-I am going to give this recipe another try with just the dough cycle and see if I can bake it in the oven-and just let the bread machine do the time consuming part.
I am posting a pic of "Mr Ugly" but it tasted terrific so I will report back after I have done more experimenting with the dough cycle.


1 comment:

  1. Caraway, what a classic scandinavian flavor. Bread was awesome.

    ReplyDelete