Search This Blog

Thursday, May 20, 2010

A COOKING CHALLENGE

I have gone back on Weight Watchers to lose between 5 and 10 pounds whatever feels better.
The dilemma I face is coming up with healthy and pleasing to the palate dishes.
About four years ago I lost 37 pounds on Weight Watchers the pounds had slowly crept up on me and I was accustomed to eating what I wanted for years. So in fact it was the first diet I had ever been on. I did it online and ended up paying for the whole thing when I was asked to do a focus group on the Weight Watcher website. But in hind site I lost a lot of it eating way too eating many Lean Cuisines which
are great point value but quite high in sodium. I did learn to really love vegetables, yogurt, fruits, veggie burgers, but will always have a battle with late night snacking-I just can not have cookies etc. in the house I can not just eat one cookie I always end up eating at least half a box.
This time I am determined to find new and interesting recipes and just in time I received a email the other day telling me about this new website YUMMELY,I love this site it culls together other web recipes like Epicurious and Recipezaar which is a plus but what is truly terrific it they list calories, fat and fiber content(which is all important in the Weight Watcher diet). They also list by cuisine, time and money. Another truly nifty thing is you can change the serving sizes and presto they change the proportions for you-and you can add or leave out whatever you want from the recipe and save it and place it in your favorites. I made this Cod Dish and it was very good. . I also made a excellent Pasta Dish
Tonight I also made a really delicious and really good looking salad-the recipe is from Self Magazine it is called Vegetable Spaghetti
So all in all I have not been suffering it is actually fun to rise to the challenge of making food healthy, low calorie, and most important tasting good, because If it is not tasty there are a lot of fattening alternatives out there.
I have lost about 5 pounds and will continue on for about 4 more until all my clothes fit like they are suppose to.
I have been also going to the gym but recently my back has been hurting I think I may have pulled something on the rowing machine and pairing that with two very "pully" dogs I have been laying low and just stretching daily, but I am headed back next week.




No comments:

Post a Comment